Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Blogging My Trip Across the USA


I'm Brent.  I'm a road warrior.  I love being on the road.  In fact, there are very few things that I think are more enjoyable than being behind the wheel of my car, exploring as many roads as I can in the USA.  

However, being a dad of two little girls makes taking to the road as much as I'd like very hard.  Between school, sports, and just making sure the girls have social lives, it leaves very little time for my road adventures.  

This year my girls are 9 and 6 (almost 7) and it's time for me to take back my love of driving and do something about it.  So I'm about to embark on a four week drive across the country, from Maryland to California, following the famed Mother Road, Rt 66, from St. Louis, MO to Kingman, AZ.  My girls are not ready for a full blown Rt 66 marathon, so I'm allow them to fly out west to Las Vegas with my wife while I can have the flexibility of long days in the car, stopping anywhere I want along Rt 66, and not stopping every 2 hours for a bathroom break.  

Then when I pick them up in Las Vegas, we will explore Nevada, California, Arizona and Utah as a family before putting them back on a plane to Maryland in Salt Lake City.  From there I will take I-80 and I-70 back across the country.  It should be a great trip and I'm very excited for it.  

I will be posting my adventures with and without my family here for my friends and family to see.  I hope you enjoy the trip we are about to embark on as much as I think we will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALLY Visiting an Elusive Museum and Coming Home (Day 16)

One of the places I have always wanted to visit was the RV Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart, Indiana.  I know it sounds silly, but I have...