Sunday, June 20, 2021

Finally On the Road - 6/17/2021 (Day 1)

After 6 months of planning, I finally hit the road on Thursday, June 17th.  I worked a full day and took off from Maryland at 4pm EDT.




I drove straight to the western part of Columbus, Ohio without stopping, grabbed some White Castle burgers and chicken rings, and settled into my the Home2 Suites by Hilton hotel around 10:30pm EDT.  The drive was smooth sailing for most of the way with very little traffic.  

It was quite the relief to hit the road finally.  The road is my happy place and I needed some time between me, my car, and the road.  

Beginning Location:  Elkridge, Maryland
Ending Location:  Columbus, Ohio
Total Driving Miles to Date:  433 miles
Favorite Things I Did Today:  
  • Listened to my Top 60 songs of all time on my iPod
  • Participated on my college's virtually happy hour on Zoom via the car.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALLY Visiting an Elusive Museum and Coming Home (Day 16)

One of the places I have always wanted to visit was the RV Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart, Indiana.  I know it sounds silly, but I have...