Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Getting Our Zoo On for the Fourth - 07/04/2021 (Day 18)

We decided as a family (my mom and dad too) to go to the San Diego Zoo on the 4th of July. This was a gamble. It could be crazy busy or could be dead. So everybody in my family got up early that day and arrived at the zoo 30 minutes before the gate opened. When we got there, the parking lot was empty. This was a great sign. We purchased our tickets and at around 8:50 a.m., they open the gates and let us in. 

The first thing we did was go to see the Koalas. 



After that we wandered through the zoo, seeing almost all the animals.  









I even went on the sky tram across the park (which I hate riding that thing).  No picture of me, just of the wife and youngest.


My girls loved being at the zoo with their cousins. They had not really seen each other in 5 years, so it was a lot of fun time together. 



My favorite part of the zoo was probably the bird exhibits. There were so many beautiful birds inside there that I have never seen before. I love birds. 




After the zoo, we came back to my brothers home and hung out for a little bit. Norah was tired, so we decided to stay in and not go out for fireworks.  


Avery went with her cousins, aunt and uncle, and grandparents to the fireworks in downtown San Diego. Avery was so tired she fell asleep waiting for the fireworks to start, but woke up as soon as they began. 

Norah hung out with my wife and I, and we went out looking for dinner.  We originally tried to get some Italian food in La Jolla, but most restaurants were closed or very understaffed.  So we ended up going to a place called The Melt, which is a local burger place. The burger was very good, but not as good as some of the other burgers I've had on this vacation.  It was nice having a quiet night in with some Russian River beer.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALLY Visiting an Elusive Museum and Coming Home (Day 16)

One of the places I have always wanted to visit was the RV Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart, Indiana.  I know it sounds silly, but I have...