Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Lazy Day for the Family, Disc Golf and Beer for Me and My Dad - 07/05/2021 (Day 19)

With Avery falling asleep at the fireworks, and Norah not wanting to go out to the fireworks, it was pretty apparent we needed a quiet day in.  I'm not good at sitting still though, and neither is my Dad. So we decided to go play disc golf at Kit Carson Park in Escondido, California. 




The park was unlike any courses that I have played before. It was very dry there with very little grass and fairly crowded for a Monday.  Most of the holes were not too long, so that kept everyone moving rather quickly. Still it was fun and the people there were really nice.  


My favorite hole was one with a Beetlejuice like snake coming out of the ground.  You can see it coming out of the ground in front of this tee box.



The course had some great signage and tee pads.  


My Dad and I always have fun playing.  For a guy who is about to turn 70, his skill level is high.  Although he doesn't have the arm I have for throwing discs for distance, he plays very well and almost always gives me a run for my money out there.  I love that my Dad and I have a sport that we both like playing and can play together.  It makes the sport of disc golf the best as I love spending time with him.  I'm so lucky he's still young enough to keep up with me.  





After playing disc golf we went up to Lost Abbey Brewing Company. That is my favorite brewery on the West Coast, and it was fun to taste their beers with my dad. 





After that we went to Wild Barrel Brewing Company, which was just a quarter mile away. Their beers are really good too I was especially impressed with their pilsner. 




After our excursion, we came back to eat dinner and chill at my brother's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALLY Visiting an Elusive Museum and Coming Home (Day 16)

One of the places I have always wanted to visit was the RV Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart, Indiana.  I know it sounds silly, but I have...