Saturday, July 24, 2021

Coronado Island, Friends, and Padres Baseball - 07/06/2021 (Day 20)

I have always liked Coronado Island, because of the amazing hotel located on it. My neighbor growing up, Miss Merriam, went there as a child and would tell me stories about that grand old hotel. So I've been out on Coronado a few times and checked out the hotel. I wanted to this time, but I really didn't have time to explore the hotel.  It was a bit of a bummer, but things happen.  

My parents, brother, wife and I took my kids and their cousins to the beach to play.  I'm not much of a beach guy, and neither is my Dad, so we decided to go for a walk while the kids played in the water.  Before I did, Avery wanted her picture taken there.  Good thing, as this was really the only picture I took at Coronado Beach that day.  

My Dad and I decided to walk around the downtown area and grab a burger at the Burger Lounge. It was a pretty good burger.  Oddly enough, I took no picture while we were walking around.  However, my Mom was able to get a picture of the girls at the beach.  


When we are done with the burger, the kids were done playing in the water, so we decided to pack them up from the beach. My friend Laura (from my days of working at Shaws Supermarkert) lives in town and we decided to visit her and her family at a local park on Coronado. The kids had fun playing Frisbee for a little bit before we needed to leave. We couldn't spend too much time there, as we are going to the Padres game that evening.  Avery was kind enough to take a picture of everyone for us.  

On the way home, the girls were absolutely exhausted and I wanted them to rest before the game.  As you can imagine, they both fell asleep.


Petco Park, where the Padres play has a very nice stadium. On the night we were there, they were playing the Washington Nationals.  Since this was a new stadium, we arrived early so that my family could walks around the whole stadium to see what they had to offer in San Diego. 








My girls end up getting an acai bowl as a snack before the game and then some Friar Franks, during the game. They love ballpark food!




I had an amazing try tip steak sandwich which was well worth the wait in line. 


I was very excited to also drink some Green Flash Brewing West Coast IPA. I view that as one of the OG's of West Coast IPAs and was excited to drink it. 



I also had a Swinging Friar Ale (picture shown) and an Aurora Hoppyalis beer from Karl Strauss that my daughter Norah  picked out. 





While at the stadium, Norah really wanted to get a white Padres bucket hat which she looked adorable in. How could I say no? 


Our seats during the game were in Right Field, the upper deck.  They were great to view the field and the score board.  It was so nice seeing Don Orsillo on the board.  We miss him so much in Boston.



I was pretty excited for the girls to see Fernando Tatis Jr. play in the game.  I told them how I watched his dad play a bunch of years ago and he is even better than his dad.  


Finally, before the game was over my college buddy Dave and his friend visited us in the upper deck. He and I did a lot of radio shows and concerts together back in the day in Vermont, so it was great to hang out with him.  


After the game was over we headed home and called in a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALLY Visiting an Elusive Museum and Coming Home (Day 16)

One of the places I have always wanted to visit was the RV Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart, Indiana.  I know it sounds silly, but I have...