Saturday, July 24, 2021

Back to LA for Angels Baseball - 07/07/2021 (Day 21)

The original plan was for my whole family to go up to Anaheim to watch the Red Sox play against the Angels during a day game. However everybody was so exhausted, that I only ended up going by myself. No worries as I don't mind going to baseball games alone.  

Anaheim is a quick 70-minute ride up the interstate from San Diego. It was nice because you don't have to go all the way into Los Angeles and deal with the traffic there.  The highlight of the ride was seeing the two "Boob Containers" on the side of I-5 on my way up there.  Those were famous from the Naked Gun movie when Frank Drebin was missing Jane and said everything he saw made him think of her.  


When I arrived, I was shocked that I was able to park right next to the stadium for only $10. Super cheap. I got my pic taken with the big Anaheim sign that is so famous at the stadium.  


Then walked across the street and went to Karl Strauss and had lunch there. I had a pastrami sandwich and a flight of beers.




Once in the stadium, there wasn't a whole lot to do. I believe I saw the Anaheim stadium is the fourth oldest stadium in baseball, and it looks it. It's pretty bland compared to some of the modern stadiums of today.  The outside looks nice at least.  I like the double caps and home plate entrance they have.


They also film their pregame show from that home plate plaza.


I was able to get a seat two rows from the field in right field, Section 122 for $11 on SeatGeek.  Quite a deal and a great view.


I walked around the park a bit and it was rather bland.  The concessions really sucked there compared to some of the other parks I've been to.  Inside it just seemed lifeless considering this team has two of the most exciting players in all of baseball on their roster.  It was a pretty view from the center field flag court.  


Unfortunately the Red Sox lost, but I got to see Shohei Otani hit a monstrous home run, which is pretty cool. 



The drive back to San Diego was rather uneventful and quick, which was good. When we got back we went and ate dinner at a local restaurant before spending the evening at my brother's home.  The highlight of dinner was Norah finding snails on a tree near the dinner table.  Escargot!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALLY Visiting an Elusive Museum and Coming Home (Day 16)

One of the places I have always wanted to visit was the RV Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart, Indiana.  I know it sounds silly, but I have...