Saturday, July 24, 2021

Point Loma Tide Pools, Hodads, Old Town San Diego, and Beer! - 07/08/2021 (Day 22)

Our last day in San Diego was a busy one. We started out the day going to Cabrillo National Monument. This is a beautiful point that overlooks San Diego, Coronado and San Diego Bay.  The views there are stunning.


My brother, his kids, and my family explored the National Monument grounds. There's a really cool statue there, as well as an amazing lighthouse you can go into. 





After touring the lighthouse, we went down to the Point Loma tide pools.  Although the tide wasn't out, there was some areas where we could walk down and check out a lot of the cool rocks and cliffs there. The girls had fun.




After visiting the tide pools we went up the road a few miles so that we could eat lunch at Hodad's in Ocean Beach. I end up going to Ocean Beach pretty much every time I visit San Diego, as it's a really cool coastal town, and the burgers at Hodad's are amazing.  This time I got the Guido Burger which was a burger with Pastrami, Ketchup, Pickles, Swiss Cheese, Grilled Onions and Spicy Brown Mustard.  I paired it with onion rings and it was amazing.  




After eating lunch, my brother took his daughter's, as well as my daughters back to his house as my wife and I walked around. My wife needed to go to Target, so I stopped by a brewery called California Wild Ales. The beers there were pretty good and it was a neat location.




That evening we went to Old Town San Diego. There's a bunch of really cool shops there and places to eat. We had a real good time.  We ate at the Barra Saloon.  They had $5 margaritas!







While Norah was there she met watchdog Luna, some sort of celebrity dog hanging out of her car. She loved getting her picture taken with that cool dog.


After eating dinner, I had my family drop me off at Original 40 Brewing Company. My friend Dave, who met us at the Padres game a few nights earlier and went to college with me, was there celebrating his birthday with some friends. 


We also went to Rip Current Brewing Company right before it closed and I was able to snag a beer there with him before Ubering back to my brother's place.  It was cool to do some drinking with him to celebrate his big day.

This closed out our chapter in San Diego.  It was a great time getting to hang out with my brother and his family, as well as my parents.  San Diego is a great town and I've always had fun there.  So it was good to show the girls around the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALLY Visiting an Elusive Museum and Coming Home (Day 16)

One of the places I have always wanted to visit was the RV Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart, Indiana.  I know it sounds silly, but I have...