Wednesday, July 7, 2021

The Grove, Walk of Fame, and Manhattan Beach - 07/01/2021 (Day 15)

The girls were exhausted from the previous day at the Santa Monica Beach, so we took it slow on Thursday morning.  We did not have any set plans on this day, so while the kids were getting ready, the  wife and I decided that it might be fun to take the girls to The Grove to do some shopping and find a place for lunch.

When we arrived at The Grove, the first thing the girls noticed was the trolley. It is an amazing trolley, that apparently is all electric and very heavy.  We made sure to take a free ride on it while we were there.  



While watching the trolley, the wife and I noticed that there is an American Girl Doll Store with an American Girl Doll Cafe.  I have never been to an American Girl Doll Store, but my daughter's love the dolls from there.  We thought it would be a fun treat to take them there for lunch.

Unfortunately, upon arriving at the American Girl Doll Store, we found out that the cafe was closed and only open on weekends. So we had to find another lunch option. But since we are in there we have the girls look around at all dolls.


I'm a sucker for my daughters. My youngest one has a Bitty Baby that she plays with all the time. She has asked for a sibling for her Bitty Baby. So I decided to let her get a boy Bitty Baby from the American Girl Doll Store. Since my youngest one got a new doll, I had to let my oldest one get a new doll too. Like I said, I'm a sucker. However they were so happy.



We went across the street to the Original Farmers Market to find lunch. The Original Farmers Market is across the street from The Grove.  The eating options there are endless. There are so many different types of foods that you can buy, there's something for everyone. It was there that I ate a Middle Eastern pizza, and got a Pliny the Elder IPA from Russian River. It was all so good.

After leaving the groove, we went over to Hollywood Boulevard to walk around. We got lucky and found free, on the street parking, a block away from the Chinese theater. The girls had so much fun looking at all of the stars on the ground and going in the stores in that area.








Needing to find dinner, we drove down to Manhattan Beach. We timed it just right so we arrived as the sun was setting over the ocean. Unfortunately they had a pretty serious marine layer going on that day and we never got to see the sun touch the water. However it was a pretty spectacular sunset.


After that we went to dinner at a place called Brew Co.  My wife got a German Pretzel and it was seriously the best pretzel I've ever had.  The beer cheese was outstanding too!  I ate the Figgy Piggy Burger, which is described as "chèvre goat cheese, fig jam, bacon, arugula, garlic aioli, onion, on brioche bun".  I also had a few Russian River beers (Blind Pig and Apical Dominance).  It was all so delicious.


Manhattan Beach has most restaurants and locations close up at 9:00 p.m., so it was back to the Airbnb afterwards. Since we had a long day, everybody went to sleep right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINALLY Visiting an Elusive Museum and Coming Home (Day 16)

One of the places I have always wanted to visit was the RV Hall of Fame and Museum in Elkhart, Indiana.  I know it sounds silly, but I have...